Today we will learn another Traditional Bengali Fish Recipe Aam Shol. It is also known as Shol Macher Tok. Gravy of Aam shol is very delicious and mouth watering for bengalis. So just learn this step by step fish recipe and try it your own at home.
Ingredients of Aam shol / Aam diye Shol Mach:
1. Shol mach/ Snake Head Murrel Fish (400 gm).
2. Sliced raw mango (1 medium size).
3. Ginger paste (2 tsp).
4. Turmeric powder (1 tsp).
5. Cumin powder (1 tsp).
6. Red chilli powder (¼ tsp).
7. Mustard seeds (¼ tsp).
8. 1 dry red chilli.
9. Mustard seeds paste (2 tbsp).
10. Slitted green chilli (4 no).
11. Salt (as per your taste).
12. Sugar (as per your taste).
13. Garam masala powder ( ½ tsp).
14. Mustard oil.
Methods of How to cook Aam shol:
1. Marinate the fish with ¼ tsp of salt and ¼ tsp of turmeric powder. Keep it for 5 min.
2. Take a bowl. Add ½ tsp turmeric powder, ¼ tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, 2 tsp ginger paste, ½ tsp salt, and 1 tsp sugar. Add some water and make smooth paste.
3. Heat the pan and add mustered oil i it.
4. Fry the fish very well.
5. Now add 4 tbsp oil in hot pan.
6. Add ¼ tsp mustard seeds and 1 dry red chilli. Fry it for 10 sec.
7. Add the masala paste. Fry it for 1 min.
8. Add raw mango slices and slitted green chilli. Fry it for 1 min.
9. Add 2 cups water. When boiling adds 2 tbsp mustard seeds paste. Mixed it well.
10. Add fried fish. Cover the lid for 5 min. Cook in medium flame.
11. After 5 min turn over the fish and close the lid again for 5 min. Cook in medium flame.
12. After 5 min now cook in high flame.
13. Taste t. Add more salt and sugar as per your taste.
14. Add ½ tsp garam masala powder. Mixed it well.
15. Put off gas oven. Cover the lid for 5 min.
16. Aam Shol recipe is ready. After 5 min serve hot aam shol curry with hot steamed rice.
Click Here To Subscribe My Channel:
Other Suggested Popular Bengali Fish Recipes:
Shol Macher Rassa – Famous Bengali Fish Curry Recipe
Doi Katla – Popular Bengali Traditional Fish Curry Recipe Doi Maach
Bata Macher Jhal – Most Famous Bengali Traditional Fish Curry