Get the full recipe from Delish:
FOR THE CAKE
Cooking spray, for pan
1 box vanilla cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
1 box chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
FOR THE FROSTING
1 c. butter, softened
2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
3/4 c. cocoa powder
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
pinch of kosher salt
1/4 c. heavy cream (plus more if necessary)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line four 8” round baking pans with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
2. Prepare each cake mix according to package instructions. Divide between prepared pans, making two chocolate cakes and two vanilla cakes. Bake according to package instructions. Let cakes cool in pans for 10 minutes then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, make frosting: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla. and salt. Beat in heavy cream (adding more by the tablespoon until consistency is creamy but can hold peaks).
4. Use a 6” biscuit cutter to cut out a large ring for each cake, then use a 4″ biscuit cutter to cut out a smaller ring from each 6″ round. Finally, use a 2″ biscuit cutter to cut out a small circle from each 4″ round.
5. Place an 8″ vanilla cake ring on your serving plate. Place a 6″ chocolate ring inside, followed by a 4″ vanilla ring, then the 2″ chocolate round. Spread a thin layer of frosting on top.
6. Place a 8″ chocolate cake ring on top of the first cake layer, then place a 6″ vanilla ring inside, followed by a 4″ chocolate ring, then the 2″ vanilla round. Spread a thin layer of frosting on top. Repeat both processes to make four layers total.
7. Cover the entire cake with frosting, then slice and serve.
SUBSCRIBE to delish:
FOLLOW for more #DELISH!