This raw vegan nut-based beverage is perfect poured on cereal, oatmeal, smoothies, coffee, tea, and all by itself! Many people and their children today are lactose-intolerant or experience stomach upset from dairy–so going dairy-free is a wise decision for almost anyone!
We are the only species that drinks another species’ secretions–there is nothing necessary or natural about drinking milk! We can easily get all of the calcium, iron, and other vitamins, minerals, and nutrients we need from a vegan, whole foods plant-based diet! Many almond milk varieties in stores contain added chemicals, preservatives, and sugar, that can make it a less-than-nutritious option. Making your own nut milk at home is quick, easy, effortless, and cost-effective!
A good rule of thumb is to use a ratio of 1:3 or 1:4, nuts to water, depending on how creamy or watery you’d like it to be. Feel free to add in vanilla bean powder or extract, and a touch of sweetener from sources such as soaked and blended dates or agave nectar!
If you have a nut allergy, feel free to try hemp oat milk!
• Soak 1c of raw nuts overnight or 6-8 hours.
• Drain and rinse soaked nuts.
• Place into blender with 3-4c filtered water and blend.
• Optional: also blend in 1tsp of vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract, cinnamon, and/or sweetener such as pitted dates or agave nectar.
• Pour liquid through nut milk bag held over a wide bowl. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
• Save your leftover pulp to make baked goods!
• Almond Milk will keep in refrigerator for 2-3 days. Stir/mix/shake before serving!
Check out Erin’s website and blog at for more info on coaching services, as well as delicious and nutritious plant-based recipes, workouts, and rest & relaxation techniques. Be sure to joint the EatMoveRest community and subscribe to the email list to receive a FREE “How To Go Vegan” PDF + the monthly motivational “In The Raw” newsletter, as well as product discounts, exclusive content, announcements, and more!
Nut Milk Recipe Blog Post:
Nut Milk Bag:
Vanilla Bean Powder:
More Plant-based FAQ:
Snapchat: ErinStanczyk DBStanczyk
CONNECT, COACH, COLLABORATE:
I Like It – NOWË