Get the full recipe from delish:
1 box devil’s food cake mix, plus ingredients called for on the box
1 15-oz. jars of caramel
1 1/2 c. heavy cream
3 c. chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line four 8” cake pans with parchment paper then grease with cooking spray. (Alternatively, you can bake cake layers in batches.)
2. Prepare cake batter according to package instructions, then divide batter between pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cakes cool for 10 minutes in pans then invert onto cooling racks to cool completely.
3. Using a 4” biscuit cutter, cut out the centers from two cakes. Freeze all cakes for about an hour.
4. Meanwhile, make ganache: Place chocolate chips in a medium, heatproof bowl and set aside. Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. When bubbles begin to break the surface around the edges of the pan, turn off the heat. Pour the hot cream over chocolate chips, whisking constantly until the sauce is smooth.
5. Place the first full cake layer on a serving platter then spread a thin layer of ganache on top. Top with a cutout layer, then spread ganache around the hole. Top with the second cutout layer and spread ganache around the hole. Pour caramel into the hole, spread ganache around the center, then cover with the second full cake layer.
6. Using a serrated knife, carve around the edges of the cake to form the shape of a Rolo. Cover the entire cake with ganache, then pipe ganache around the center of the cake to mimic a Rolo.
7. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to let the ganache set before serving.
SUBSCRIBE to delish:
FOLLOW for more #DELISH!