Annette demonstrates a simple recipe for a spicy apple cake. This home cooked dessert is the perfect food to share with friends at a party.
Kicked Up Apple Cake Recipe
6 Red Delicious Apples
1/2 pound butter
3 cups wheat flour
2 1/4 cup brown sugar plus 5 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup orange juice
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp RSPF Apple Cinnamon Chipotle X Hot hot sauce
1. Slice and peel apples. Put in a large bowl.
2. Mix 5 Tbsp brown sugar and the cinnamon. Toss into the apple slices, set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl cream butter and 2 1/4 cups brown sugar.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. In a separate bowl, lightly stir the baking powder into the flour.
6. Add flour mixture alternately with the orange juice to the butter mixture.
7. Fold in the vanilla and hot sauce.
8. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
9. Spoon and spread 1/3 of the cake batter into the baking pan. Layer 1/2 of the apples on top. Repeat layers ending with cake batter.
10. Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 1 1/2 hours. Test for doneness and cool.
11. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!