2 cups rice flour
1 cup water
210 ml coconut milk
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
cheddar cheese (optional)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the rice flour, water and coconut milk. Mix until well combined. Cover the mixture and let it ferment in the fridge for 6 hours to overnight. I can’t wait for overnight so I cook mine after 12 hours lol
2. After the mixture fermented, add in the remaining ingredients: sugar, salt and baking powder. You can add flavors like ube, pandan and etc. but I opt not to add anything because my little one just want the plain puto.
3. Pour the mixture in a lightly oiled/greased puto molds. Don’t put too much oil on the molds!
4. Wrap the lid of your steamer with cheese cloth.
5. Steam in a medium-high heat for 14 minutes. Add in the cheese on top then cover for another 1 minute so the cheese will melt.
6. Serve hot/cold. Enjoy!
This recipe can yield roughly 11-12 regular size puto.
Thank you so much for watching. I hope you guys will give it a try. Don’t forget to SHARE, LIKE, and SUBSCRIBE for more videos. God bless!
Please tag/follow me in:
#puto #ilonggakusinera #putobigas