The below recipe makes two gorgeous Lemon & Poppy Seed yoghurt cakes, Enjoy!
255g self raising flour
190ml sunflower oil
220ml natural yoghurt
1 tbsp poppy seeds
1. Line 2 x 1lb loaf tins with parchment paper, and pre heat oven to 180 degrees
2. Sift the flour and add sugar and poppy seeds.
3. In a separate bowl whisk eggs, add oil and blended yoghurt, mix well.
4. Add liquid to the dry ingredients and mix gently, just enough so no dry ingredients visible.
5. Divide mixture between the 2 tins and bake for 35 mins.
6. Cool completely on a wire rack.
7. Once completely cool make a paste of icing sugar and lemon juice to ice the cakes.